1611 Virginia Ave., Ste 212, Box 406, North Bend , Oregon 97459 Hours: 10am-2pm Monday-Friday desk@sovoservesvets.org 541-756-8718 (Office) 541-756-8758 (Fax)

How to replace lost documents


Many folks have lost important documents through natural disasters, moves, or simply misplacing them. In the wake of the recent disasters, the Federal Emergency Management Administration and the  Oregon Office of Emergency Management came together to produce this list to obtain copies of lost documents.

Federal documents

— Green cards: Phone: 800-375-5283 — Website: http://www.uscis.gov
— Medicare cards: Phone: 800-772-1213; (TTY) 800-325-0778 — Website: http://www.medicare.gov
— Military records: Phone: 866-272-6272 — Website: http://www.archives.gov/contact/
— Passport: Phone: 877-487-2778; (TTY)888-874-7793 — Website: http://travel.state.gov
— Social Security card: Phone: 800-772-1213; (TTY) 800-325-0778 — Website: http://www.ssa.gov
— U.S. Savings Bonds: Phone: 844-284-2676 — Website: http://www.treasurydirect.gov
— U.S. tax returns: Phone: 800-829-1040 — Website: http://www.irs.gov

State documents

— Birth, death, marriage, domestic partnership, divorce certificates: Phone: 888-896-4988 — Website: http://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/Birthdeathcertificates
— Driver’s license, auto titles and registration, ID cards: Phone: 503-945-5000 — Website: http://www.oregon.gov/odot
— SNAP (Oregon Trail Card): Website: http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/Assistance/Food-Benefits
— State taxes (Oregon Dept. of Revenue): Phone: 503-378-4988 or 800-356-4222 TTY: All relay calls are accepted. — Website: http://www.oregon.gov/dor

Personal documents

— Real estate and property: Contact your county government.
— Credit cards: Contact your credit card company directly.
— Credit reports from Equifax, Experian, TransUnion (During the COVID-19 pandemic, Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion are offering free weekly online reports through April 2021.) Phone: 877-322-8228 — Website: http://www.annualcreditreport.com
— Insurance documents: Check with your insurance agent.
— Medical records: Call your doctor or your medical insurance company; medical prescription records are tracked electronically.
Disaster recovery help is available regardless of nationality or language. If you or someone you know needs disaster-related assistance, call FEMA at 800-621-3362

Visit http://www.fema.gov for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *